We want you to travel happy and that is why we do everything possible so that you can take what you need to have a comfortable trip, as long as your baggage is checked, paid and also meets the following conditions:
The following luggage is not accepted by Wingo:
These are the types of luggage that we do NOT transport:
- Baggage whose declared customs value is higher than USD$5,000.00.
- Baggage that has not been packed properly.
- Baggage whose size and characteristics are not accepted by Wingo.
- Baggage that might damage other baggage while in the cargo hold, including corrosive fluids and sharp objects that are not packed properly.
- Dangerous goods.
We want you to feel good and to fly your way. That's why when you buy one of our tickets you have the right to carry one personal item up to 10kg and 40x35x25cm (height x length x width) for domestic and international flights, which must be stowed under the seat in front of you.
If any of the aforementioned items exceeds the allowed dimensions, we will charge an applicable fee in order to carry such items as checked baggage, provided there is enough time to make the payment. Baggage changes can be made up to 30 minutes before the scheduled departure, otherwise the baggage will not be admitted on the flight.
Carry on Luggage
- A carry-on bag of maximum 12Kg and linear dimensions 55cmx45cmx25cm (height x length x width) including wheels and handles, for both national and international flights. Your carry-on bag will travel in the hold of the plane.
- This service has an additional cost. You can know the rates, which vary depending on the place and time of purchase, Read our optional services.
Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, this luggage will travel in the hold of the aircraft.
Our mission is to give you unforgettable trips, so if you buy the checked baggage service, you can carry up to three pieces of 20 kg and 158 linear cm including tires and handles in the aircraft hold.
Purchase your checked baggage service through our website, our Call Center, or in our counters at airports. Rates change depending on the place and time of purchase.
Remember that you must deliver the checked baggage in our counters at the airport since it will be taken in the aircraft's hold. If you do not have the allowed dimensions you will have to pay the amount corresponding to the excess baggage. Get to know all our services and fees.
To summarize a bit what you should keep in mind:
- The maximum weight allowed per piece of baggage will be 32 kilos.
- Any item other than baggage on board (personal item and carry-on baggage) must be registered as checked baggage.
- Children under the age of two can not carry checked or checked baggage.
- Only reservations of up to 3 pieces per passenger will be allowed. Keep in mind that our system will block the possibility of reserving this service when the aircraft capacity is complete.
- For international flights, register your luggage from three (3) and up to one (1) hour before the departure of your flight.
- For domestic flights, register your luggage from two (2) and up to forty-five (45) minutes before the departure of your flight.
- You will have to travel with your baggage until you reach that destination that you want to know so much.
- Register your luggage indicating the flight number, time, date and destination of your ticket.
- Your safety is very important to us, that's why your baggage will be subject to review by the competent authorities.
- Remember that children under 2 years of age have no right to carry hand luggage, or documented. However, the parent may carry an additional item; as long as it is of maximum 10 kg and with dimensions of 40x35x25 cm (height x length x width). If you are traveling with minors, we allow you to transport the baby cars at no additional cost as checked baggage.
- The third checked luggage may be restricted in some destinations. It will only be available for purchase at the Airport, subject to the weight and balance of the aircraft and volume.
- The GO PLUS and GO PREMIUM fares include one (1) piece of checked baggage of up to 20 kg and 158 linear cm and will be counted as the first piece of checked baggage.
If any of the pieces of baggage exceed 20kg and the aforementioned sizes, Wingo will charge an extra fee for each additional excess kilo up to 32kg at the airport.
Musical Instruments and Sport Equipment
Nothing better than to put rhythm and exercise to your next trip, we offer you the possibility of taking your musical instrument or sport equipment on the aircraft cabin or hold, depending on their dimensions:
- Cabin: Your musical instrument or sport equipment cannot exceed 10kg or 55x45x25cm.
- Cargo hold: Your musical instrument or sport equipment cannot exceed 32kg or 319 cm.
The fee for this service may vary depending on the destination and time of purchase.
Musical instruments are allowed as checked baggage, as long as they meet the following requirements:
- The musical instrument must be enclosed in a bag made of a material that is sufficiently sturdy to withstand handling during transport.
- They must be checked using a conditional acceptance tag. Such tag must be signed by the passenger on the back.
- If you are transporting a stringed instrument, the strings must be loosened to avoid any damages to the instrument’s fretboard arising from expansion and contraction of wood due to temperature changes.
Musical Instruments as Personal Items: You will be able to carry a musical instrument on board as a personal item and at no charge, as long as it does not exceed 10kg and 40x35x25cm. This item replaces the personal item allowed on board. Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, this luggage will travel in the hold of the aircraft.
Musical Instruments as Carry-on Luggage: Passengers can purchase this service and transport a musical instrument at the aircraft cabin, as long as it does not exceed 10kg and 55x45x25cm. Such instrument must be placed in the overhead compartment and must be packed properly. Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, this luggage will travel in the hold of the aircraft.
Musical Instruments as Checked Baggage: Any other musical instrument must be carried on the cargo hold, upon paying the applicable fee. Their dimensions cannot exceed 32kg and 319cm.
Wingo allows you to carry your sport equipment, as long as its dimensions and weight meet the conditions of the airline and the applicable fees are paid. Check our Optional Services.
Sport equipment authorized by Wingo:
- Golf equipment
- Fishing equipment
- Scuba/Diving equipment
- Non-motorized, one-seat bikes
- Bowling equipment
- Skiing equipment
- Archery equipment
- Camping equipment
- Hockey/Lacrosse equipment
- Kitesurf/Kiteboard equipment
- Two rackets
- Two paddles
- Pool cues
- Windsurf equipment (max. 300cm in length)
Sport Equipment as Personal Item: You will be able to carry sport equipment on board as a personal item and at no charge, as long as it does not exceed 10kg and 40x35x25cm. This item replaces the personal item allowed on board. Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, this luggage will travel in the hold of the aircraft.
Sport Equipment as Carry-on Luggage: Passengers can purchase this service and transport sport equipment at the aircraft cabin, as long as it does not exceed 10kg and 55x45x25cm. Such equipment must be placed in the overhead compartment and must be packed properly. Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, this luggage will travel in the hold of the aircraft.
Sport Equipment as Checked Baggage: Any other sport equipment must be carried on the cargo hold, upon paying the applicable fee. Their dimensions cannot exceed 32kg and 319cm.
Transportation of Pets
By purchasing this service, you will be able to carry your pet with you on the plane’s cabin, upon paying the following extra fee.
- Wingo only transports pets (cats and dogs) on domestic flights.
- The total weight of the pet plus the kennel cannot exceed 10kg and 33cm (width) x 43cm (length) x 25cm (height). This does not apply to service animals.
- Only six (6) pets are allowed on each flight. In any case, only one (1) pet per passenger is allowed.
- Pets under 8 weeks old are not accepted.
- Oxygen will not be provided to pets in case of emergency.
- Underage children traveling without an accompanying adult are not allowed to travel with pets on the aircraft cabin.
- If you are traveling with pets, you will not be able to select seats on the first rows or next to the emergency exits.
- Carry-on kennels must be placed under the seat in front of the passenger.
- This restriction does not apply to service animals.
- Kennels or crates must comply with the following requirements to be admitted.
- Only one pet per kennel is allowed, allowing the animal to move freely inside the kennel.
- The guacal or container must have a flexible structure and be made of fabric or other material that is not rigid.
- They must be sufficiently resistant to prevent the animal from escaping at any phase of the flight.
- Doors must have safety locks that allow opening without requiring any special tool.
- They must have vent holes.
- They must have a storage system for wastes generated during the flight. We recommend shredded paper or a tray placed under the kennel.
- The kennel must be clean, leak-proof and must have vent holes. It must prevent any part of the animal from remaining outside the kennel.
- The pet must remain inside the kennel at all phases of the flight and the kennel must be placed under your seat.
- When booking your flight, you must notify that you will be carrying your pet with you. If you choose to notify it later, extra fees may apply. This service is subject to the aforementioned availability for each flight.
- You must go to the counter at least ninety (90) minutes before the scheduled departure time.
- In addition, you must provide your pet’s documentation (health certificate, certificate of vaccination and inspection register) up to ninety (90) minutes before the scheduled departure time. You must comply with all sanitary requirements provided by the corresponding authority at the departure airport.
- The airline will not be responsible for: (i) feeding, care and hygiene of animals; (ii) injuries or diseases arising from transport, or the animal’s death; (iii) denied entrance or access to any territory.
- Service animals are not subject to any extra fee or restriction on international or domestic flights. No weight restriction applies to service animals. No kennel is required for service animals, since the pet must be able to move freely in order to accompany its owner.
Infants (minors under 2)
- Infants cannot carry checked baggage. However, the adult traveling with babies will be able to carry, in addition to their personal belongings and carry-on suitcase, another personal item such as a diaper bag of maximum 10 kg and linear dimensions of 40x35x25 cm (height x length x width), for each infant .
- You can bring baby items that you must register in the boarding room completely free, as long as you are traveling with your baby.
- Wingo admits child seats as carry-on luggage, as long as the dimensions do not exceed forty-five (45) inches and they can be stowed in the overhead compartments or under the seat.
- In order to use child seats on the cabin, the passenger must have purchased the seat previously. Wingo recommends parents to check the FAA regulations on child seats. Parents may also carry an FAA-approved child harness device (CARES).
- Wingo admits one baby carrier as checked baggage or carry-on luggage, as long as it meets the following conditions:
Minors (children between 12 to 18 years old)
Children over 2 years old must buy the seat at the same rate as the adult and therefore can carry their respective luggage that includes a personal item of maximum 10 Kg with linear dimensions of 40x35x25cm (height x length x width) and a carry-on suitcase of maximum 10Kg with linear 55x45x25cm dimensions.
Carry-on luggage: As long as the carrier can be properly placed on the overhead compartments or under the seat and it does not occupy any seat during take-off or landing. Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, this luggage will travel in the hold of the aircraft.
Checked baggage: In case the baby carrier cannot be carried on board, it must be checked in the cargo hold.
Balls and balloons are accepted as carry-on luggage (on board) and checked baggage (on cargo hold), as long as they are deflated.
The following items are not allowed as checked baggage, therefore, Wingo is not liable for any loss or damage:
- Fragile Objects / Perishable Items
- Fresh meat
- Frozen meat
- Fruits and Vegetables
- Any other item that may decompose
- Precious metals and gems
- Negotiable documents
- Marketable securities
- Photographic cameras
- Video cameras
- Mobile phones
- Liquor or perfume bottles
These items must be carried as a personal item or carry-on luggage if your condition allows you to do so.
In addition to the aforementioned items, no sharp objects, liquids, gels, aerosols or sprays are allowed as part of your carry-on luggage (personal item and carry-on luggage), since they may pose risks to the safety of the flight. If allowed, they must be carried as part of your checked baggage on the cargo hold.
Food or plants are not allowed to be carried as part of your carry-on luggage (personal item and carry-on luggage), nor as part of your checked baggage since they may spread pests or diseases upon entering other countries or during transfer to other regions of the country. These include the following items:
- Aromatic plants
- Plants with or without soil
- Organic products
- Meat and by-products of animal or vegetable origin.
Transportation of items that are considered dangerous goods will be restricted depending on their condition.
- Due to aviation regulations, lithium batteries used for laptops, cellphones and cameras must be carried as carry-on luggage.
- This kind of batteries can only be carried if they are installed on their corresponding electronic devices and protected from accidental activation.
- Our passengers must not carry loose lithium batteries in their checked baggage.
- Only two (2) rechargeable or non-rechargeable lithium batteries are allowed for each piece of carry-on luggage.
Cremated Human Remains
Cremated human remains (ashes) may be carried on board without restriction.
They must be properly stored in an urn inside an outer packaging to prevent damages or spills or making other passengers uncomfortable.
The packaging must comply the following conditions:
- The urn must be made of a material (wood or plastic) which allows visual inspection of the contents when passing through security checkpoints at airports (such as X-Ray machines).
- The urn must be inside an outer packaging and covered by shock-absorbing material to protect it from damages.
- The passenger traveling with human remains must show a validated death certificate at the counter.
Some items are considered dangerous since they can pose risks to aircraft and passengers safety; therefore, it is important that passengers do not carry the following items inside their checked baggage or carry-on luggage:
- Flammable items
- Toxic products
- Corrosive products
- Radioactive items
- Bleaching agents
- Acid products
- Compressed gases
Liquids allowed in carry-on baggage
There are some liquid elements that are allowed on our flights, but remember that they must be in containers that do not exceed one hundred (100) milliliters and also have to be packed in a plastic bag with zipper.
If you forgot any personal item at any of our service points, you must contact the Lost-and-Found Department of the airport. Wingo is not responsible for items left on the plane or at the airport.
Baggage Delays, Damages or Loss
If you forgot any personal item at any of our service points, you must contact the Lost-and-Found Department of the airport. Wingo is not responsible for being left forgotten on the plane or at the airport. If you want to file a claim for delay, damage, loss or looting of your luggage write to us through our form We hear you