Passengers with special medical conditions
We ensure your safety, so we will accept sick or injured passengers who do not have infectious-contagious diseases and who are in a position to meet their own needs or who are assisted by a companion during the trip.
If this is your case or that of someone you know, you should not forget these important conditions:
- There must be a medical certificate, which must be a written statement issued by the passenger's doctor, indicating that he can complete his trip without requiring medical assistance during the flight.
- The certificate must be issued at least 12 hours in advance for domestic and international flights originating in Colombia in accordance with the provisions of RAC 3 in paragraph 184.108.40.206.1 if the passenger's health status requires it.
- In the event that the passenger must travel with a contagious disease, the certificate must indicate that the disease cannot be transmitted to the rest of the passengers during the flight. In addition, you must travel with a list of all the special conditions necessary to prevent such contagion.
- This condition must be declared and documented by the passenger in the reservation at least 24 hours before the flight, either by call center or at the airport.
List of special medical conditions
To transport a passenger who is in special medical conditions, consider the following information:
|Medical condition||Time to wait before the trip||Keep in mind|
|Anemia||With an acute picture they cannot fly, only with a medical assessment of health|
|Arthroscopy, hysteroscopy and laparoscopy||72 hours after the procedure.|
|Asthma||They must travel with oxygen supply during the flight *|
|Divers||48 hours after the last dive.|
|Abdominal surgeries||10 days after surgery||It must be assessed by the airport health doctor.|
|Chest surgery||2 weeks after the surgery.|
|Claustrophobia||Travel is only authorized if they are being treated.|
|Colonoscopy (surgery)||24 hours after the procedure.|
|Ducts (dentistry)||72 hours after treatment.|
|Seizures||You should request medical evaluation for health that gives us the certainty that you have not had more than two seizures in the last 24 hours.|
|Pleural effusion*||You must wait 14 days.||They must travel with oxygen supply during the flight.*|
|Retinal detachment (surgery)||3 weeks after surgery.|
|Diabetes||They should take into account the daily dose of medication for long flights, have a medical formula at hand and the syringes and insulin should go in the hand luggage.|
|Cerebral edema||They must present the medical authorization 24 hours before the flight that authorizes them to travel by plane and where it clarifies that the person can be transported sitting.|
|Interstitial lung disease *||They must travel with oxygen supply during the flight. *|
|Epileptic||They will only be accepted accompanied by health personnel or a person knowledgeable about the disease, previously endorsed by health.|
|Fractures||Can only fly 48 hours after placing the cast.|
|Gluteoplasty (surgery)||14 daysafter surgery.|
|Primary Pulmonary Hypertension *||They must travel with oxygen supply during the flight. *|
|Infarction||Without complications for 3 weeks after the incident. With complications for 6 weeks after the incident.|
|Respiratory infections*||They must travel with oxygen supply during the flight. *|
|Liposuction / mammoplasty (surgery)||10 days after surgery.|
|Pneumothorax*||2 weeks after treatment.||They must travel with oxygen supply during the flight.*|
|Oxygen - dependent*||They must travel with oxygen supply during the flight.*|
|Tracheotomy or oxygenation cannula*||You must travel accompanied by health personnel or a person knowledgeable about the disease, previously endorsed by health.|
|Cornea transplant (surgery)||4 weeks after surgery.|
|Traumatic brain injury||After a minimum of 7 days after the event.|
|Varicose veins (surgery)||10 days after surgery.|
*The airline does NOT offer medical oxygen service on board.
We love that you travel with us, but we must ensure the safety of everyone, so we must deny the transport of passengers who have the following medical conditions:
- Infectious and contagious diseases that do not present a medical certificate indicating that the disease cannot be transmitted to the rest of the passengers during the flightPassengers with in
- High risk pregnant women
- Acute otitis media
- Acute sinusitis
- Psychiatric patients without medical control
- Patients with a broken jaw where the patient cannot open his mouth